Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Vet school..

I've been giving this some thought. It has kinda always been my hidden ambition to be a vet. But as life unfolds and with some really lousy decision making (E.g. dropping physics in JC, choosing to go Arts Faculty), I just kept drifting further away. After having Sam in my life and interacting with animals, I realize that the ambition is still burning inside. Is it a sign that maybe it's time to pursue it?

To be honest, I don't really have the confidence in myself. There are some uncertainties that scare me; things like the possibility of tons and tons of memorization, the need to dissect a reptile (*gulps*) or even things like having to study/write essays all over again. But there is a nagging voice inside me, telling me that it's okay and that I can do it if it's really my passion.

While it's impossible for me to get into a Vet school now, my doors are still opened. I could pursue the longer route of entering a Pre-vet school and if I do well, I could proceed further. Alternatively, I could just enter a Veterinarian assistant program and be contented with being a animal nurse. My heart for now is on the first option. Yap, that means that I'm going to be stuck in school for a loooong time. (Let's not discuss finances as yet.) That also means that when Zim's posting ends, I might just have to stay behind. (At least I would have Sam's company!)

Sigh, guess I really need to put in more time to think about it. I don't even want to think about my parent's reaction to this. Geesh, I hate decision making. =(

1 comment:

Zim said...

I'll support whatever you decide. :)