Friday, April 9, 2010

How to Train Your Dragon


I caught my first movie in NYC (and it's also my second time watching a movie alone!) after being here for 2 months. Well, there were plenty of shows that enticed me but I was reluctant to spend money to watch them. Not to mention that Zim barely has any spare time to indulge in a movie date.

When 'How to Train Your Dragon' came along, I decided that this was the movie I wanted to watch. I reasoned that once little Sam comes home, I would probably have no time for such indulgence (Ain't I right!). Plus, this is the kinda movie that would work great in 3-D and thus probably makes sense to watch it in the theatre. I chose to watch it the weekend before Sam came home and unfortunately Zim was out of town, but whatever.

The theatre was just a quick 10 minutes walk from home and I chose the IMAX version. The movie tickets cost a whooping USD19!!!!!! (OMG). Hm, and I'm amazed that people are actually willing to spend that much to watch a movie!

Overall, the movie was pretty decent. Entertaining and cute. (Though probably not worth the ticket price) The person sitting behind was wayyy annoying as he/she kept kicking on my chair. The thing is, there was plenty of leg space for me thus I had no idea why I kept getting kicked! So I retaliated by lending back more and giving a hard jerk back. I was tempted to turn back and scold the person but stopped in time after reminding myself that I am now in USA and I was alone. (You never know what's gonna happen!) Okay, fine, I was scared that I might get whacked or shot. LOL. So I never actually got a look at who the idiot was and I guess things were better off that way. Oh well, this just further reminded me why I am not a fan of the theatres - especially idiots around you.

Think I will be better off watching Movie on Demand at home for just less than USD5 per movie in future. And what else to enjoy it in the comforts of your own home..

No comments: