Zim was commenting that my recent blogs and tweets are all about Sam. But the truth is, that's what my life has been revolving around for the past week and a half! It sure felt like forever since Sam has been here. Sam has taken so much of my attention/time that I barely have time to do anything else. I can't even prepare dinner, pee or shower without worrying what he is up to. And sad to say, yes, I probably have no life.
We concluded that his pestiness could be due to his high energy level and the best way to wear him out is to bring him for walks. So after researching a bit online, it appears that it's highly recommended to keep puppies who are not fully vaccinated (which would be about 4 months) away from the streets. But Sam's biting streaks and misbehaving have pushed us to the wall that we decided to bring him out anyway. Thus I have been trying to bring him to a dog park (where he's kept safely in a bag) to observe the other dogs and then to a far away ulu plot of land along hudson river to walk him. At least it appears to be working a little since Sam does get quite tired by the end of the day and is now at least able to sleep through the night. Hopefully the puppy class this sunday would do him some good. (And to us too..)
For now, I am just waiting for him to grow up quickly so that he can for longer walks and I can get my social life back (and possibly widen it)! I won't deny that there is a tiny weeny bit of regret (and disappointment) as Sam really did throw our lives upside down. I do miss being able to walk the streets without carrying an extra bag (and worrying that he might pee in it), go shopping for me (for the past week, everything I bought is for him. None for me! =( ) and being able to dine at nice restaurants with Zim. But with a decent sense of humour and a mountain of patience, he is quite a joy to watch and laugh at. I've absolute confidence that things will get better. And if it doesn't, maybe I can convince Cesar Milan to come rehabilitate Sam. LOL...
Good luck to us...
No comments:
Post a Comment