I guiltily indulged in "me-time" today, the first since the arrival of the little thing. It begun with an invitation from Yee Lyn to watch the Martha Stewart show. (THANKS GAL! =D) Thus, after some research, I located the nearest puppy day care (which was conveniently only 3 streets away!), did a field visit and was satisfied. After some thought, I decided to deposit Sam for a full day care (from 7.30am to 7.30pm) to allow some time to run some errands. I dropped little Sam off, with a bag of food and a couple of toys (just in case). The little guy was so excited that he didn't even 'say' bye and happily wagged his tail when he was carried away from me into the room. T_T 死没良心的!
The Martha Stewart show was definitely an eye opener. It was recorded 'live' and everything just moved so quickly and within an hour, everything was over. I guess it was a good experience and I'm game to do it again! But of course, I would be wayyy more excited if it was the Oprah show. Oh well, I'll make do for now. Lunch and dessert were gooood too! (Separate post some time soon.)
And of course, 'me-time' = SHOPPING + errands. Within the few hours, I accomplished so much! (Well, it's really tough to do these things when you have to watch over a little pup.) I actually managed to do some shopping for summer clothes (REALLY PLEASED!), some grocery shopping, had yummy sushi for dinner and also squeezed in some quick household chores.
While it was refreshing to indulge in some timeout from the puppy, this 'me-time' also made me realize how attached to Sam I have become. Every dog I walked past reminded me so much of Sam. (Its like I am seeing Sam's face on the faces of the dogs.) I strolled along the streets thinking things like 'oh, this is a great place to walk Sam.' and 'Hm, I can bring Sam here for lunch.' The house seriously felt so empty without the little thing scampering around and it really feels weird walking around the house without the kpo dog following. Note: Sam has a habit of coming up to me or Zim when we leave his peripheral vision to see what we are doing, before returning to his post to continue his chewing/biting. I would always say "Yes little Sam, why you so kpo?" and of course, he would give a blank look and scamper off. (I actually love it when he does it.)
I couldn't be more happy and relieved to see the little thing when I picked him up. (I couldn't say the same for him - he gave me the usual blank look again. diaoz~) Well, unsurprisingly, Sam was a big hit with the people there (Aiya, he is a fraud la. He gives the innocent face all the time, but he is a terror in disguise!) and I guess he did have ton of fun as he was so tired (and was such an angel) when he came back. And yes, I'm definitely sending him back there again for more 'me-time' indulgence in future.
Thus, it proved to be a great day for me - a good show, good meals, good shopping and good quiet evening (with no biting!). And all these definitely make KeY a happy girl! Looking forward to more 'me-time'! =D
No comments:
Post a Comment