Hm, having a dog really gives me a good experience of how it would feel to have a kid.
Lil Sam fell ill over the week. He had a series of really bad diarrhea that lasted over 3 days without any signs of recovery. Ironically, his energy level was still insanely high and his appetite remained the same. On one hand, Zim wasn't too concerned and suggested that we wait it out a bit more before deciding what to do since he was behaving as per normal. On the other hand, I was totally freaking out and googling about puppy diarrhea made it worst.
We finally decided to bring Sam to the vet. (I guess Zim kinda gave in after he saw me stressing out over it) It was really tough looking for a vet on a sunday, but I managed to find one that was a few subway stops away. The vet and her assistant were really nice and good with Sam. A quick diagnosis and a lab test revealed that Sam's stools had traces of bacteria, thus explaining the diarrhea streak. The little guy was put on a course of antibiotics, a strict diet and a ban on treats.
Sam's been a darling and didn't resist much when we fed him his medication using a syringe. Sam's doing great and his first poop of the day was hard and firm! (The first in a few days! T_T) I could feel a huge relief that the little guy is finally doing much better! It also seemed like Sam has forgotten the existence of treats and is enjoying his new strict diet. We kinda concluded that he was being fed too much treats previously and thus was really picky over his staple. Well, I guess Sam will be given less treats and more staple in time to come~
Sigh, now I understand the stresses parents feel when their child falls ill. It's really scary and worrying. Thank goodness Lil Sam is doing better! Hm, he better be, especially after we paid USD270 for the Vet visit!
On the down side, due to his illness, Sam's been kinda grounded and is not allowed to go to the dog parks or play with other dogs. As a result, his biting streak kinda returned and it sucks for me.
Oh well, praying that the little guy recovers ASAP!
No comments:
Post a Comment