I heard something that affected me quite badly. It's something to do with my previous job, a comment made by my ex-boss to be exact. It got me pretty irritated as the comment was rather unjustified and unfair to me simply because it probably begun with a misunderstanding and that I was not there to defend for myself and that the person there just conveniently pushed the blame to the absentee, me.
It disgusts me to think that I've spent 8 months of my life working for her. It disgusts me that I actually sided her during my exit interview. Now, I'm full of regrets. One big regret is in accepting the job to begin with and I have to admit that it's definitely one of the worst decision I've made in my life.
Guess I finally understood what people mean when they say that it's a dog-eat-dog world out there. People can simply backstab you for their own gains regardless. People can simply draw conclusions without clarifying and finding out the truth. I'm not too sure what else she's going to do as I heard that she has threatened to write my HR report in a way that will ensure that I won't be able to find another job in future. How nasty can she get. I'm just stunned to hear that, especially when I did do my work and help her for the past 8 months and this is what I'm going to get in return. I'm truly disappointed and totally disgusted. To be honest, I don't even know what I did wrong, or rather, if I even did anything wrong. I'm really discouraged now.
Sigh. Seems like there's still alot more for me to learn about the world outside.
I'm just glad I have a chance to start afresh. Glad that I have been given another opportunity in a whole new environment to prove myself. At least I thank her for being the model of someone I definitely do NOT want to be, though at a cost that might not be worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment