Zim's going geneva again in Nov and I really want to tag along...
I dream of myself sitting in an outdoor cafe somewhere along the streets of geneva, slipping a cup of hot chocolate, reading a book and occassionally lifting up my head to check out the people walking past me in the streets. To simply just laze around the place, visiting museums, monuments and parks, strolling along the Geneva lake alone, waiting for Zim's work day to end before heading over to a decent restaurant and enjoy good steak accompanied by red wine. Holding his hand in the cold weather as we walk along the streets of geneva, discussing his workday and how wonderful it would be if Singapore would have the four seasons too. Window shopping in Malls and boutiques that sell goreous but sadly, unaffordable accessories.. and of course, shopping for gifts (probably in the form of chocolates) for friends and family and collegues... Just spend a week, just the two of us in a laid back country before returning back to reality...
Of course, in reality, dreams are expensive... Afterall, I only just started working... my pathetic savings can cover no more than the air ticket to Frankfurt, not to mention the transfer flight to geneva. In addition, going for this trip would set us back from our plans to go US next year.. Unless, I'm willing to eat air and drink water for the next few weeks, even months, it's gonna be financially impossible for me to pay for the whole trip (inclusion of air fare and expenditure and lodging). Spoke to Mom about it and she suggested that I could ask Dad to sponsor me. Honestly, I'm really tempted to do so. But again, I feel kinda bad, afterall, I am supposed to financially independent now. Maybe a loan from Dad might just work out.
Keeping my fingers crossed on another issue - whether I'm able to get 1 weeks' leave from work. Since I started working in the middle of the year, I'm only entitled 8 days of leave, of which I already took one. So thereotically, I could take up to 1 weeks' leave. But still, the CC operates on a shift basis and the absence of one staff would mean reduced manpower and thus, the rest having to cover up my duties. Although I seriously doubt that the CC will 'die' without me, I'm still a little concerned if my boss is willing to grant me the approval for my leave.
With so many obstacles in place, there's a high chance that my dreams ain't gonna come true this time round...
Oh well... that's life...
No comments:
Post a Comment