Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Nasty KeY @ work...

I admit that I'm a really spoilt kid. After all I have the luxury of having cars available for my use most of the time or someone (usually my grumpy mom or my grumbling Bro or the lovely Zim) to pick or drop me off. As a result, I'm rarely a commuter of publc transport (esp. buses...)

Decided to head to the gym today afternoon. One of the rare few days when neither cars are available, hence I've no choice but to settle for public transport. And the experience really 'made' my day...

Waited for approximately 5mins before my bus came, fully packed with school girls (to be more specific - my juniors) way to the front door. Managed to squeeze my way up though I could barely balance myself. I figured, maybe I'll scan my ezLink card after the bus moves off and after I'm sure that I won't lose my balance due to the sudden movement. Before long, I realized that the stupid bus driver actually refused to start moving until I scan my card! In fact, he stood up, pointed at me and asked me to scan my card (rather rudely too). Gosh! Was that even necessary?!. So effectively, the whole bus was waiting for me to scan my card. WTF. Was he worried that I would cheat him and hitch a free ride? I could do better than that lor. honestly, I felt really insulted. But whatever, did what he wanted else the bus would probably never start moving.

So I stood at the steps, with my hand holding the pole at the side to maintain my balance (and of course, feeling really really pissed off). And when the next stop came, he STOOD up again and told me to remove my hand and refused to open the door till I did so. TMD. I'm not stupid. I obviously know what to do when the door opens and for goodness sake, my hand wasn't even in a position where the door will trap it. Asshole. Worst of all, that added on to my embarrassment and frustration.

Thank god the crowd moved and I was finally out of the view of the bus driver. Now he can stop picking on me. Idiot. Meanwhile, I could really feel the anger and injustice bottling up inside me, screaming for an outlet for release....

Finally arrived at my stop. I was getting ready to get off when the old lady sitting in front of me (I was standing) got up and started to move towards the exit slowly. (this I can understand, as she wasn't exactly very mobile on top of her old age.) Concurrently, an old auntie (who's obviously much more mobile) behind me got up and started pushing me, trying to get me to move faster. Typical Singaporean Auntie who's kaisi and worried that she won't be able to get off. Idiot. I was fuming, On one hand, I did not want to knock into the old lady, on the other hand, I really can't stand people who push me (be it at the MRT station and on buses). And oh, not to mention that I was in a bad mood to begin with.

SO.. nasty key came to work.

I turned back, stared at the auntie and raised my voice (plus I was listening to my mp3, so I probably spoke louder than I intended) saying: 不要推了, 我也要下车!Guess that probably stunned her as I did not recall feeling her push anymore after that.

Oh well, I admit that the auntie was just an 'object' of displacement. I simply displaced my initial anger on the next thing that came along. And too bad for her, she stepped on my foot. Though the incident didn't quite appease me as much I wished it did (Jogging @ gym did, thankfully), I did feel slightly better!

Did feel a little guilty for being so harsh on that auntie. But I'll definitely say the same thing to her again, maybe softer and probably rephrase it a little. (I'll try my best la~)

Overall, the experience reinforced my negative image of public transport -especially buses. I conclude, I'll just not be lazy and walk to the train station in future.... (well, at least it's good exercise too!)

No comments: