Monday, October 19, 2009

Super Loser...

Never felt more like a loser than today... LOL..

The day started off pretty well... I effectively worked only from 9 to 5pm and was really pleased to be able to get home early. While we were driving back, Mom causally mentioned that she wanted to go to the gym and that kinda inspired me to finally check out the basketball court at my mom's condo and of course, burn some calories. So, once I reached home, I hopped into my bball gear, got the ball and strolled over to the court.

Turned out that there were a bunch of sec sch kids playing street soccer in the court. TMD. Since I was ultra gian to shoot some hoops, I approached the security guard at the side gate and asked for the next nearest court. He directed me out into the neighbourhood and said that there is one just around the corner. So I headed out and started exploring. After searching for a while and seeing that I was about to hit the main road, I came across another sec sch kid who was holding a ball. (YEAh, that's a good sign) I approached him (he looked at me wide eye, bet he must be thinking who is the crazy girl) and was told that the nearest court is actually one LRT station away. WTF.

Disappointed, I walked back to the condo and spoke to the security guard. He mentioned that I could try my luck at booking the court since each unit is entitled to 1 hour. (Hee, that's a good way to get rid of the stupid kids!) So I walked over to the security booth and saw that the security guard is on patrol and will only be back in 10 mins. -_- Oh well, and when he finally returned, he mentioned that the court was fully booked till 10pm tonight. WTH!!!!!!!!! I was soooo sianz and was ultra tempted to just hop into the car and drive to NUS!

As I strolled back home, I walked past the gym and since I was totally in the mood to sweat, I popped in and ran for half hour and nearly KO. (How pathetic!) When I'm finally done, I decided to pop over to the court to see who were the idiots who robbed me of my chance of shooting hoops! Well, it turned out that there was actually no one! Gosh, the security guard cheated me! Should i have known, I wouldn't have ran the shit out of me! Ultra pissed. But still gian! Thus I popped in and started shooting. I was so tired that my shots were crap..and I couldn't do a decent lay up (Well, the main purpose was to practise lay ups but I was simply too tired to do it properly!) Ahahahahhahahahahaha....

I persevered and continued shooting. At the corner of my eye, I kinda saw something move each time my ball whacked the board. As I took a closer look, I suddenly saw a lizard on the board! OMFG, I could immediately feel the chills down my spine and I froze. Next thing I know, I took my ball and belongings and ran to the other side of the court. (well, as u can see I am a determined person.) First thing first, I checked if it was lizard free - CLEARED.

So I continued practising my stupid stunts and boy do I suck. The floor was really really dirty (I could feel it from the texture of my ball) and there were holes here and there. The hoop is almost decomposing and obviously, there wasn't any net! STILL, I persevered! As I was practising, I observed that the fence behind the pole was broken and that if my ball fell through, it would roll down the slope into the drain. (Breathes in, I couldn't be that unlucky, could I?)

There were a couple of near misfortune (well, it nearly fell through the fence, but made it back) and I got quite complacent. I finally gave up after doing stupid stunts and laughing at myself (what a loser~) for about 20 minutes and decided for one last shot. Sigh, yap, anyone also will know what happened next. My stupid ball went through the hole in the fence!!!!!!!! And I saw my ball bounced off the slope and rolled down into the drain. I was stunned. The slope wasn't that steep but it was really dark and there were many trees! What if a lizard or frog jump on me?!

I did a quick mental calculation - losing a ball vs possibly getting attacked by a lizard/frog and chose the latter eventually. So I picked up my belongings, took a deep breath and attempted to jump through the hole. After realizing that I had totally over-estimating myself, I decided I was better off taking the longer way. I ran out of the court and turned left and the first thing I saw was a lizard on the wall. Fuck. Guess I would have to take a detour and headed into the dark.

As I was walking, I scared the shit out of myself when I stepped on branches and dipped slightly into a hole. Kill me ba. Sigh, how unlucky could I get?! I was seriously freaking out!!!! (Sigh, as I always emphasize, I'm not as strong/brave as I appear.) Finally managed to get to the drain and went down to pick up the ball. As I was doing it, I was praying like I never did before, praying that there is no lizards or frogs. Once I got the ball, I ran like I never ran before and was soooo relieved when I finally hit the carpark.

Sigh... As I was walking back, I seriously could not believe how unlucky I was and what a loser.. Best of all, I couldn't stop laughing at how pathetic my life is...LOL..

oh well, it was an interesting experience and hell no am I ever going to return to the court ever again!

No comments: