Friday, October 9, 2009

It's Youtubing time!

Despite the wide channel selection here, nothing seems to interest me. Guess it's back to.. YOUTUBING!

First stop: 陶喆 -暗戀

Honestly, I think this is one of his better songs recently. While, I completely adore his first two albums (Many of the songs are still on my constant playback list in my ipod!), it kinda felt as if he got a little lost after that and I wasn't that impressed with his recent albums. But when I first heard this song, I was drawn to it. Kudos to David Tao for the wonderful rendition of the song. Love it!

I really really like the last paragraph of the song:

故事就说到这里 就算你们再好奇
我想说的都已说完了 其余是秘密
在那某一个街头 会流传某个旋律
那是我在轻轻唱着歌 我多爱你...


Second Stop: 方大同 - Sing Along Song

He's a singer that caught my attention just recently. I really adore his distinct style and soothing voice. Besides this song, he has quite a handful of really nice songs! Though I must admit that after a while, the songs do sound similar, but they are still brilliant nonetheless! This song is currently number 1 on my playlist as it's just so genuine and sincere. (Zim.. sing this to me, please?)

Third Stop: Damien Rice - The Blower's Daughter

Well, I only knew about this song after Anthony from <星光5> sang it. I personally really like 倪安东's version. (Well, Zim thinks it's overhyped. Can't blame him I guess, he's a guy after all. Girls will naturally dig Anthony's version!) BUT, I do admit that Damien Rice's version is better ! This song is supposedly written for his music teacher's daughter. Geesh, if anyone would just sing like this to me, I will just MELT~ (Zim's practising this song.. i like! =D) Besides watching the MV version of the song, I also watched a few of his 'live' performance. The beauty of this song is that the imperfect singing (well, his voice came close to breaking a couple of times) actually made the song even better. It gives a sense that he was overwhelmed by his emotions. So beautiful~

I can't take my mind off you
I can't take my mind...
My mind...my mind...
'Til I find somebody new


Last stop: 張智成 -换日线

This song is my ALL time favourite. I don't know why but I REALLY like this song! The cantonese version is even better. Actually, the melody of the song is what really attracted me to the song. Hee, I still recall the very flight where I flew back from Geneva (After visiting Zim who was posted there for 2 months.) I couldn't stop tearing when I heard the chinese version. (yes, remb, I'm very weak one.) The lyrics were so close to my heart. Well, he was after all half way round the globe and I was taking the plane ride back! Oh well, those were the days...

你的心飛過傷心換日線
今後我們的世界地球各一遍
如果季風能把感覺聯機
要傳達給你說不完的思念


That's it for now! Sigh, zim needs to come back soon, else I'm going to have quite alot of such boliao entries! LOL, but still.. it's pretty fun doing this! =D

No comments: