So, I swinged by Paragon Sports with a friend who is an expert at snowboarding to stock up on the gears. Hee, I'm really glad he was there to give some really precious advice. No surprises, the criteria of my purchases were as such:
1. The aesthetic - White is of course my new black. (Recall: white ibook, white ipod, white iphone..)
2. Price
3. Feasibility (Come on, I'm afterall still a girl, what were you expecting?!)
Here are the steals:
1 ) My snowboarding boots from Burton. Not only was it one of the cheapest available, I am completely in love with the colors!
2) My solomon helmet which surprisingly cost as much as the boots does.
3) The design of my board with my lovely Oakley googles. It's also my first pair of Oakley. Apparently, I don't have a nosebridge that is high enough to support most of the Oakley shades, so this is about as far as I can get to own an Oakley. Guess I'll make do.
4) The snowboard bag that I had to drag all the way from Union Square to Chinatown for lunch. Luckily there were wheels on it. It's a lifesaver!
Nonetheless, I'm definitely making a pretty deep commitment here and will try my best to go snowboarding as frequent as I can before the season is over or before something is broken. (Knock on wood though) And, by any stroke of luck, I might be able to snowboard well enough by the end of my stay in NYC.
Can't wait!! And yap, this is also what I'm abandoning Sam for. Sorry Sammy boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment