Friday, March 5, 2010

Next on the Menu....

Shepherd's Pie! The tough part of this recipe, is that it is supposed to serve 4-6. So I had to estimate the quantity of the ingredients to customize it for two.


(1) Yes, it's beef again! (LOL, no Qian, I'm not directing this at you. *Wink*)

(2) The main ingredient - potatoes and some veggies on the side. As usual, I simply grabbed what I had - carrots and onions, and did away with the rest.

The preparation time was longer than I expected. The chopping of the vegetables (Onions finally made me teared ALOT) and mashing of the potatoes was pretty fun but messy. Oh, and the pretty Martha Stewart's mixer bowl came into good use. LOL

And yes, DINNER IS SERVED!


Baking time was supposed to be for 30 minutes at 400F. But as Zim came back later than expected, I googled the method of keeping food warm in the oven and kept the pie in the oven for another 30 minutes at 160F. Supposedly, it would be better if I had it covered in aluminum foil to contain the moisture. But pathetically, I DON'T HAVE ANY! LOL, so I just kept my fingers crossed...


Thank goodness, the food turned out pretty decent! Zim liked it, so did the pigs!!!

And it's reward time once again!!!!

No comments: