I like the deli the moment I saw the menu - there was no calorie counter! (Well, most of the restaurants in NYC have indicated the calories per dish in their menus to remind patrons of their calories intake. In my opinion, it's there to make you feel guilty and attempt to eat better. And I'm not exactly a fan of it...) Thus, I am at least able to order whatever I want without feeling guilty! (okay, this is a delusion.. but who cares~)
I ordered the 'Pastrami Burger Deluxe, on toasted bun with French fries, lettuce, tomato, onion and cole slaw'. The Pastrami tasted like smoked salmon (which wasn't quite what I expected) but at least the beef patty was gooood - thick and nicely done!
Zim ordered 'Pastrami Omelet' which wasn't very fantastic. The meat and the egg didn't appear too compatible unfortunately. But I like the home made fries!!!
The deli added a nice touch by serving yummy chocolate soda at the end of the meal! (Pity it went in my stomach quicker than my camera..)
All in all, although the food wasn't fantastic, the vibes of the place was pretty good. It was apparently a rather popular place as there was a queue even when we left at about 8.30pm. Thus, I would definitely love to return again!
No comments:
Post a Comment