After some thought (and considering what's in the fridge - mushrooms + onions), I decided to attempt pan grilling the steak! Once again, some adjustments here and there - Oven was preheated at 450F instead and I eliminated the garlic powder (I forgot to buy!).
Here goes the ingredients...

1) Boneless ribeye steak (x2) - I was quite impressed by how dirt cheap steak in USA is! (For that two fat slices, we only paid less than USD5!) Best of all, the meat was pretty decent. (Or maybe it's just that the cook is good. Muahahahha..)
2) Veggies to make it a balanced meal. (sigh, no choice la. recently cannot DB. =/) The onions and mushrooms were stir fried to kinda add some taste to the steak since no sauces were used. Not exactly very successful, but at least I had my fill of onions. YUMMY, I LOOOOVE Onions~
As Zim wasn't able to give a helping hand (=/), I decided to simplify matters and simply boil the broccoli and carrots. Well, it's healthier that way too anyway. I added in a crabmeat salad. as I was craving for crabmeat!
One lesson learnt was that I need to pay more attention to the recipe before begining. Sigh, while seasoning the meat, I suddenly realized that I had to throw the pan (after searing the meat) into the oven. After a quick google, it appeared that my tefal pan would not be able to tahan the temperature. (Stressed~) So, I had to substitute it by leaving the baking tray inside the oven for a few minutes before transferring the seared meat over.
I think I was a little bit too ambitious as I attempted to cook everything together within an hour. It was mad rush - Season beef, cut veggies, boil water, heat pan, preheat oven, sear beef, boil veggie, wash pan, stir fry onions, turn over the beef, mix crabmeat salad..blah blah blah... Insanity huh? But I sure am glad things worked out just fine.
And dinner is served!!!!
On a funny note, all the searing and me washing the pan immediately after searing the steak (I only have 1 pan and needed it to stir fry the onions and mushrooms), set off the fire alarm! For a moment, we panicked wondering if the fire department is going to show up at our door. Thankfully, a quick call to the concierge resolved the issue. (Isn't the fire alarm a little too sensitive...)
And of course, reward time! Well, at least Zim did something, he scooped the ice cream. LOL
Time to think about what's next on the menu....
No comments:
Post a Comment