(Got this off the website of the breeder and it's supposingly our puppy! =D)Yes, I had wanted to adopt from a shelter. But after doing a fair bit of research (I have not read so much since I graduated!), we kinda decided that it might be easier for a first time owner to bring up a puppy from scratch. So after selecting a breeder online, and making arrangements over email, Zim and I drove about an hour to the breeder's home to check out the puppy.
And it was looooove at first sight. Well, guiltily, I did make a list of things to watch out for at the breeder's place before selecting the puppy. But the instance we both saw the pup, we just melted away and the list of things were instantly thrown out of the window. All that matters now was that the puppy was such a sweet darling. He is such a happy little thing and sooooo cute. I also melted seeing how Zim handled and played with the puppy. (Especially when he isn't exactly a dog person to begin with and had to give in me for this.) The breeder was fantastic too! Really helpful and friendly, setting us right at ease immediately.
The little thing will be coming home to us this weekend and I really cannot wait. Meanwhile, I need to pack in some last minute shopping and reading to prepare our place for the puppy. We are also brainstorming for names for the little thing. Zim really liked the name 'Sam'. It's simple and short. I like it too, but I'm not quite ready to give in. (Well, I was hoping for a more exciting name actually.)
But again, Sam is nice and we might just stick to it...
No comments:
Post a Comment