It was a nice little restaurant at 46st which is about 15minutes walk from our place. To our pleasant surprise, there are plenty of lovely restaurants along that stretch! So Zim and I will definitely set aside some time to venture around the area!
We decided to order "Omakase" Sushi platter under the really strong recommendations of Zim's colleagues.
And of course, what is a good sushi meal without sake~ (I've no idea what sake they are but they were goooood.)
And so the meal begins. (There was NO turning back~) The set consisted of 1 appetizer and 3 trays of sushi (shared among 3 persons.)
The best of the tray, was the third from the left - Tuna sushi with homemade tofu sauce. The tofu sauce was just brilliant. First taste just blew me away and it blended fantastically with the tuna. (I am not a fan of tuna sushi, but this was just breathtaking.) *Floats in the air...*
The first sushi from the left tasted like pizza. It was so goood. *Rolls on a sushi blanket~* It was served warm and the texture was really good. The pizza simply melted in my mouth. Awwww~
At the end of the 3rd tray, we were given an option if we wanted to try more. Oh hell, YES~
The oyster sushi was by far my FAVOURITE. Once I put it into my mouth, it just tasted soooo heavenly that I was speechless. The gravy was exceptional and I loooooooved it. (Damn, why isn't Zim allergic to Oysters? Than I can have two! Arghhh..)
At the end of the 4th Tray, we were once again asked if we would like more. Though we were stuffed, we just couldn't bring ourselves to say no. And so on it went.
The first sushi was actually a foie gras sushi! OMFG. I do not like the taste of foie gras but this was out of the world. FANTASTICAL. T_T
The rest the sushi were just as drop dead good! (And I really take my hat off food critics. I am totally running out of words to describe the meal of my life.) This is by far one of the BEST meals I have. The interesting thing about the menu is that everything is prepared by the chef and the items after the standard 3 trays vary from time to time. Thus, it never gets boring. In addition, the sushi were made to taste and thus no condiments were needed nor given. So once you get it, just pop the whole thing in your mouth and enjoy the moment. That's what I did and there were no regrets.
And the moment of truth arrived with the check. The meal cost a whooping USD1500 for 10 people (And about USD1800 after tips). That adds up to about USD180 per person! It was insanity. The waitress earned about USD300 just from tips! But all in all, I have to say that it was sooo worth it and we would love to come back for more. (Well, maybe on special occasions or when my dad comes visiting!) And what more could I say, sushi will never taste the same again.
Two happy but broke people!
No comments:
Post a Comment