On a spur of a moment, I signed us up for a day trip (13th February) of Winter Horseback Riding and Wine Tasting Event with Outdoor bound. I really enjoyed horseback riding while I was in Cairns and thought to try it out again.
We arrived at Echo Lake Stable Hay Rides which is a 45-minute ride from the city.
Winter had been really mild and I wasn't really expecting any snow on the ground but lucky, well kinda, us, it snowed that very day!! While it felt really romantic, I was freezing my arse off in the cold. Thankfully we were smart enough to put on our ski gears!
A quick picture while we were waiting for our horses to be assigned to us.Mr Lim on his horse. Geesh, he looked like a weirdo all covered up!
Me and my horse, Ty.
A little glimpse of the trail. The whole trail lasted for 2 hours and was really fun and at times, scary. Certain parts of the trail included really steep slopes that got me quite worried that my horse would slip and we were would roll down the slope. Fortunately, that did not happen! Unlike my experience at Cairns which was a little monotonous and controlled (we had to wear some really ugly helmet too), this was more hands on. We were able to control the speed of the horses and navigate the direction more freely. And that was how I walked my horse into a tree. Rather, Ty went so close to a tree that I ended up bumping my knee on the trunk real hard. -_- Despite that, I managed to get Ty to gallop a little and I loved it. Mr Lim was a little uncomfortable with the galloping though. =P
At the end of the ride, we were both freezing and shaking. But it was really really fun.
And we met a couple of really great animals too! The stable cat who was amazingly friendly!
The herding dog - Tex, who was so affectionate and just adorable.After the horseback riding, we headed to a winery 30 minutes away for lunch and wine tasting.
The lunch was surprisingly good but we totally over ordered. We ended up having to pack the pizza for dinner! The live music at the cafe was great too, though not exactly the best ambience for chatting. =/
While I really enjoyed the horseback riding, I wasn't too thrilled about the waiting and time wasting. Now that we know where the stables is, we probably wouldn't join the tour again but instead head there on our own!
Nonetheless, it was a pretty nice way to spend a saturday! Just the two of us!




No comments:
Post a Comment