YES...I finally acted on my Herman Miller Obsession.
Well, the original Eames Wire Chair that I 'die die' must have cost about USD400 each (even after Black Friday sales) and I just couldn't bring myself to purchase any. And of course, Mr Lim strongly objected to spending that kinda money on chairs. However, I wanted them so bad that I started checking out the reproductions (Which came up to about USD180 each!) and concluded that I would order them a couple of months before we head back for good. BUT!!! After window shopping on websites for a couple of weeks, I stumbled over two used eames wire chair on ebay! It was going for USD200 each. As it's pretty impossible to differentiate an original from a reproduction, I wasn't sure if I wanted to purchase them at that price. After tons of internal struggle, I decided to let it slip and the deal lapsed. (A little part of me died when that deal closed. Okay, yeah, I'm just kidding..)
Anyway, lucky for me, the seller reopened the deal and even reduced the price to USD150 each!! I couldn't resist and decided to purchase them, well, not without a little fight bargain. I submitted my offer of USD130 each. And guess what, the deal is sealed!
Well, it's a gamble. While the advertisement on ebay stated that there are original eames chairs, I was unable to verify. Despite that, the chairs are in excellent condition and even if we were 'cheated' and these chairs turned out to be reproductions, we still got them at a good price. Of course, in my mind, these chairs are definitely the originals! *Winks*
Woohoo~ Here's the beautiful eames chair!!!
Don't they just look excellent with the Parsons Mini Desk from West Elm!!
The look I'm going for and I'm 2/6 there! I've no idea how I'm going to find the other 4 chairs (maybe I can miraculously convince Mr Lim to pay full price for them..), but still, I'm so excited about it!!!
Hee, now that I'm quite sewing machine savvy, I'm gonng figure out how to sew cushions to complete that look!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment