Sunday, February 19, 2012

My Vintage find..

I've been obsessing with flea markets and refurbishing furniture for the past few months (Thanks to HGTV) and guess what.. I finally bought my first vintage item!!! I explored a couple of flea markets in Philly area and when I saw this, I just had to have it!
LOL. It's a rack used to put bias tape made by the brand Trimtex. It's apparently made in the 1940s. I could totally visualize it on the wall of my Senja flat, holding my sewing supplies. Isn't it amazing?!

Well, I showed Mr Lim (he was working when I went on my flea-market hop) and he just gave me a blank look, followed by "I hope you didn't pay more than USD20 bucks for it.". -_- such a wet blanket. But I loved it! (oh, in case you were wondering, I did pay more than 20bucks. It was USD25.)

Hee, but Mr Lim was really supportive and sweet when I explained that I wanted to refurbish the rack and even accompanied me to Home Depot to shop for materials. I guess he did have some fun too, afterall, it was a man's store (He bought some WD-40 to clean our herman miller chairs and I swear you could see a grin when he was done!). Anyway, I can't wait to get my hands dirty. Unfortunately, that would have to wait. Up next, our road trip to Boston!!

No comments: