Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Stop the door...

We had a door stopper in our Senja Flat known as T-Dog. That was our pet dog for the one year we spent in that flat. However, before we came over to NYC, we packed our faithful pet into one of the boxes and left without him.

After months of door slamming and using my poor havianas (or whatever I could grab) as a temporary door stopper, I had enough. Hence, when my friends asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I requested for a T-dog. True enough, it came. T-dog II served us well through many happy days. Until, the S-monster got his mouth on it.
The little prick is still eyeing it despite mauling it to the extent that T-Dog II is unable to serve the very function he was made for.
Once again, we were back to days of door slamming and havianas door stopper. When we returned home in August, Zim decided to dig through the boxes and found T-Dog! This time, no one was left behind. We brought the little man back to NYC with us!

Sadly, once again, our happiness was shortlived. While T-Dog survived the S-monster, it succumbed to old age and lost all friction it had on it's tail. As a result, T-Dog was unable to hold/stop any door and was nothing more than a pretty 'vase'.
Sad huh. I was pretty resigned to the fate of slamming doors. With a twist of fate, I stumbled upon a quirky store called Pylones while waiting for a friend. Even luckier, I was able to find T-Dogs for sale! (When I saw it, I could feel little dogs holding pom-poms cheering inside my head) T_T Finally~ But this time, I decided to go for a change and settled for...
T-Cat! Don't get me wrong, I am still a dog person. I just needed a change and hopefully, (with an ultra thick stroke of luck) the S-monster would leave her alone. Meanwhile, at least we are free of slamming doors for a little while!

Happy~

No comments: