Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pet photography..

I always wanted to have Sam's portrait professionally taken. I guess that would be one of the best ways for me to remember him and have him with me when that fateful day comes. However, after viewing several websites of photographers, and comparing their photos with those I've taken with my DSLR, I actually think that I'm doing a pretty decent job myself. Nope, I'm nowhere near their skill levels, but I think I'm pretty good at capturing Sam's most candid moments. Now I just have to take more outdoor shots of my little man.

In addition, I think one aspect that I really fail in is editing the photos I've taken. I guess if more time is invested in editing the photos, the effects would be even better. Thus, I have decided to embark on my first attempt using Gimp (besides the usual resizing image) to improve the quality of the photograph! Since it is afterall my first baby step, I will go slow and simple..

Original Photo:
Slight edited Photo - ya, like S-L-I-G-H-T-L-Y, just a little color adjustment and cropping done.
Simple black and white effect...
Posterized effect, my favourite of the three actually.
Pretty decent for a virgin attempt right? (LOL, okay, this is a ridiculously amateurish attempt.) Guess I should pull up my socks and experiment further in future!

2 comments:

QW said...

Bitch, I think the original pic looks better than all your edits. Wahahahaha~

KeY said...

Wah laoz.. so discouraging! TMD... LOL..