Thursday, May 20, 2010

Timid Sam

Well, Sam finally had a taste of his own medicine after terrorizing tons of dogs in the park. Sam has a reputation of being fearless and a truly big dog in a small package. And he finally met his match.

He was disturbing another dog (a bulldog) who had a ball in his mouth. As usual, Sam tried to snatch it away. The bulldog kinda lost it and snapped at Sam. At that moment, Sam gave out the most awful sounding yelp I ever heard from him and the yelping lasted for a good 10 seconds! I was a distance away, chatting with another dog owner and by the time I got to Sam, he was hiding under a bench and his tail was tucked between his hind legs (a strong indication that he was terrified).

The weird part was, even though the bulldog did snap at Sam, there were no injures on Sam at all! (To think of it, the dog had a ball in his mouth anyway.) But again, I wasn't paying attention to know what exactly happened though I was really quite surprised by Sam's reaction, given his existing reputation. After the dog left, Sam took a while to 'recover', before his tail went up. Soon enough, the little guy was back to his acts of mischief.

I brought the little guy back to the park several times after the incident and he was generally fine. But it so happened that the same dog was there as well today. Not to be mean, but it was hilarious watching Sam wandering around and jumping in shock the instance he saw the dog. Within seconds, he quickly hid under the bench again. (See la, bully other dogs, now got retribution!) The other dog was all friendly and nice towards Sam but Sam still kept his distance. By the time we left, Sam still appeared terrified of the dog, but at least he gave the dog a little goodbye kiss. (A peck on the snout.)

I was really surprised to see this side of Sam, but I guess it's all part and parcel of growing up. It just goes to show that the little boy does have his own timid side after all.

No comments: