Friday, February 19, 2010

Snow Storm

The weather in NYC is kinda crazy. Just last week, we experienced our very first snow storm! Honestly, it was a GREAT experience. While I had seen snow before, I haven't exactly have the opportunity to witness snow fall. (Ooops, sounds a little suaku huh.) So when I learnt about the snow storm, I just had to get out there and 'experience' it firsthand! When I told Zim this, he gave me the 'Are you serious?' look. LOL. But, yes, I AM SERIOUS!

So out I went the very next day and where else but Central Park! The thing about Manhattan is, due to the underground piping and subway, the temperature in the streets are generally higher, thus snow tend to melt faster (Not to mention that there are tons of people shoveling snow overnight to clear the walkways for the busy New Yorkers the next morning). Hence, one of the few places to witness snow accumulation in Manhattan is of course, Central Park.

The walk there was painful. The walkways were slippery and the snow was hitting hard on our faces (Thanks to the insanely strong winds!). But nonetheless, it was totally worth it. The view was breath-taking. =D



Love it!

No comments: