Thursday, February 18, 2010

Coolie KeY

When Ikea said self-service, they really meant SELF SERVICE.

I went to Ikea Brooklyn with a mission and a really long shopping list. (Had to go alone since Mr Lim was stuck at work.) Getting there was a pain, but I made it after 2 subways, 1 bus and probably an hour's time.

When I got there, (and of course after treating myself to yummy meatballs) I approached a staff and asked if she could assist me since I already listed down the article numbers of the heavy duty items on my shopping list. Well, I guess not. Turned out that I had to personally collect ALL the items from the self-service alses, push the items to checkout then proceed to the delivery counter to arrange for delivery. =O O.M.F.G

So my coolie-ing began. I singlehandedly filled 3 carts and some of the items were insanely heavy! All in all, it took me about 3 hours! (well I also fitted in some window-shopping, okay, Zim calls it my impulse/crazy shopping) Though I must say that I'm impressed my back didn't break.


My achievemnt!!! I looked like an idiot pushing 3 carts man...

Sigh, I miss Ikea Singapore. =/

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: