Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Lunch @ David Burke at Bloomingdale's

We decided to indulge in a good lunch after surviving on Fast food and pizzas for the past two days. After a stroll down a few blocks, we settled on David Burke at Bloomingdale's. Zim previously had a good experience here and thus we decided to give it a try again.
We chose the window seat to fit in some people watching while waiting for our food.
The wait for the food was a little longer than expected (well, as you can see, we got bored of course), but the truth is, it's all worth it.
The bread took a while and they gave us 1 instead of 2. But Zim didn't quite like it, so I happily finished it myself. So it worked out afterall.
I ordered ROASTED COD & SHRIMP SCAMPI whipped potatoes and vegetables. It was GOOOOOOOOOOD~ Love it! The whipped potato was fantastic and the cod fish simply metled in my mouth (and I'm not kidding!). The prawns were really fresh as well.
Zim chose GRILLED FILET MIGNON seasonal vegetables & crispy onions. Hm, interestingly, while the external tasted kinda burnt, the inside was still medium rare and juicy. I personally liked the fries as they were baked and had a garlic-ish taste. (of course, Zim didn't like it as much.)

The meal came up to about USD45. (Ouch huh~) But all in all, it was a goood meal and I'm pretty keen to try out more items in the menu in future.

No comments: