I'm this close to calling the wedding off, seriously.
As beautiful and happy as it seems on the wedding night, the road to getting there is not easy. And I have ran out of patience. Patience in trying to sort things out with Zim, patience in handling our moms and patience in everything else related to the wedding.
It's annoying when my mom is breathing down my neck asking for this and that. Seriously, things that are low in my priority list at this point of time. I mean, I'm the bride here and I'm not even panicking, why the hell is she screaming at me for this and that.
Seriously, I totally regret the whole decision for a wedding dinner, I should have just settled for a bloody simple ROM and be done with it.
At least I need not spend the last week of my singlehood arguing with them.
Not happy, at all.
2 comments:
Hiya, i think i can understand what you are going through coz i just had my wedding lunch in nov... during the process, i also have arguments and showing of 'black faces' here and then with almost everyone around me, esp my poor mother and husband... mum's sudden 'pop-up' requirements and traditions she heard from some aunties that she wanted us to follow.... husband's slower pace in doing things up and differences in the ways we do thinks....
More fire sparks when one is under stress! But i guess i feel better when i think to myself that my mother is doing all these things in hope of a good marriage for me, she raise me up and finally is sending me off to set up a new family of my own... i hope to make it a good one for her and myself also...well, help me to keep my cool better when i think in this way :)
Not to worry, things will fall into its place, i wont tell you not to be stress coz you definitely will feel some stress otherwise its not normal... maybe just remind yourself that you muz enjoy your wedding journey and leave everything to whoever on that day and be a pretty bride... after the big day, you will be able to relax for some time before other issues will arise from your new wedding life, except, you have more time and leisure to sort them out hee :)
Lastly, congrats to you and your the other half to be!
No wonder u are a social worker! But seriously, thanks for the wise words. Seeing things from their perspectives do make me appreciate their acts a bit more. (Though it's still annoying!)
Meanwhile, I'll try to work on it and enjoy my big day!
Thanks for the great advice! Really enlightening and warm! =)
Post a Comment