Saturday, September 1, 2007

Work...

Pretty bad day at work today...Kinda tough discussing details here as i can roughly foresee several possible consequences. So, pardon me... just let me grumble a bit.. to let off some steam... to let me cool down...

I'm cooking a recipe for potential disaster. And the best of all, the killer ingredients are not due to my negligence... not due to my carelessness or anything within my control.. It's instead due to what people are doing or rather not doing.. People who are screwing up my work for me... people who are for some reasons avoiding my (numerous) calls... people who are just unreasonable and people who are not sticking to deadlines they promised me. It's not like I'm being unreasonable. I gave ample time and informed them way before.. yet things still can't be done...

i'm seriously frustrated. I detest the thought that I might be getting a scolding from my boss for screw-ups that were not directly caused by me. It's not like I'm not doing my work, not like I'm careless or forgot something. If I am responsible for the screw-up, I admit defeat and will gladly accept the 'punishment'. But I just can't take it lying down when the responsible party is actually someone else. I'm willing to go all the way out to complete the task, all I need is to get them on the phone to convey my intentions and I can't even reach them. Something tells me that they are avoiding my calls... and it's so irritating that there is really nothing I can do without offending them...

Handling people is definitely a challenge and for now, I'm not doing it right. At least it appears so... Seems like I'm going to spend my OFF day trying to get my hands on them... worrying if the task will be done...

Wished I have more control.. I don't mind doing extra work... I just need the required documents in.. I'm more than glad to do the sorting out no matter how messy the documents are.. Is it really that diffcult? I don't think I'm asking too much. It's just a simple request.

I'm not blaming anyone.. (or maybe I am) But I'm really frustrated with how little control I've on the situation... I wished I could do more... or rather, they would do just a little bit more...

Despite this, I'm definitely aware that there are others who do their parts in helping me complete my tasks on time. I appreciate and thank those who geniunely went all the way out to help... and secretly hope that the rest will just do the same...

One more day...

Hope he comes...

No comments: