Finally able to get 2 consecutive weekend days off... All thanks to my birthday that also falls on a weekend... Some logical, yet stupid unwritten rule at work forbids us to take consecutive weekend days off without taking the friday and monday off. So theoretically, you need to burn 3 off days just to get that weekend off. Sigh, gotten used to my fate and let's move on...
Started off the weekend with 2 persons KTV at Marina's Kbox. Amzaing how I was able to wake up on time for this...Been sooooo long since I went Ktv, kinda rusty already, but who cares.. LOL, nothing exciting, but it was fun...
Followed by, a fantastic musical: 天冷就回来 (If there're seasons...). Superb act. Although there were occassional hiccups, the whole story line was touching, sad yet fun. Of course, the actors were fabulous, with goregous voices that easily captivated the audience and acting that were full of emotions and life. No doubt KeY cried her eyes out.. (every single time 小静 appears, I will cry). It helps that I was familiar with most of the songs, hence able to digest the songs better. Of course, the Singapore style musical always include lyrics. So, no worries on that. In addition, the musical changed my views on several songs. I never knew 细水长流 could be sang with such a sad story behind it, reminiscing times spent with someone who has passed on, T_T. I didn't know that 天冷就回来's lyrics was so meaningful until the musical. Plus, I didn't like 陪你看日出 initially as the song was totally overplayed. But after the musical, I am in love with the song~
But the best thing about the musical experience was that we were sitting on the very first row. First time ever in a musical was I able to see the every details of the actors' faces. And it totally felt like they were singing and performing just for me. Sigh~I really wanna watch it one more time... but too bad tickets are sold out.. guess I've to wait till 2009...
Met up with my beloved sistas and brother for dinner and for a drink. Went over to Long Bar @ Raffles Hotel for a drink... Interesting place with nice decor and a different concept. Each table has a whole bowl of peanuts (unlimited). The fun part of the place is that you are free to sweep the peanut case off the table onto the floor, or simply just throw the case anywhere on the floor (or, erm, on your friends). So everyone was able to relax and had fun throwing peanuts @ each other. Though the variety of drinks was not fantastic, the overall experience was interesting... No photos with me though... Shall wait for Qian to clear her work before she uploads the photos (if ever)...LOL
Day ended with mahjong (damn, i lost $$, but thanks to Zim who covered my loss with his wins, tmd) and supper @ Prata place over beauty world, which was of course accompanied by a hell lot of juicy gossips...
But overall, thanks sistas for spending my last day as a 22 year old with me... LOL
Another exciting day tmr...
Happy Birthday KeY! =P
No comments:
Post a Comment