Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Dying...

Stuck in school (voluntarily) on the 4th day of lunar new year.. trying to do transcibing for my ISM..and it's a absolute killer...

Have you ever tried transcibing a video clip with extremely lousy audio quality? If you haven't, PLEASE~ don't try.... If you have, I totally understand...

I cannot figure what hell the person(s) are saying!!!! They were either whispering and totally overthrown by the interefence (fuzzy sound) OR speaking sooo loud it's bursting my ear drums. It's soooo tiring juz trying to understand what the conversation was about, let alone transcribe word to word... Omfg...

Now, I'm experiencing the feelings of self doubt, and of course, self blame! Why the hell did I volunteer to torture myself this way? Yeah, I was just being lazy, thinking that using secondary data could save me lotsa trouble and of cos, time. And now, I'm remorseful... guess I outsmart myself again and simply juz dug my own grave....

This is such a torture... Attempt number 1 took me 3 hours to transcribe 5 mins (of a 3 hours plus video clip...) Attempt number 2 (still in progress) is, thankfully, slightly more productive. I've spent the past hour transcribing 5 mins worth of video, with 50% ambiguity, unfortunately...

This is exciting. I can't wait till the moment I am done watching and transcribing the full 3 hours plus.. It's been a while since I looked forward to something so much... and yet, as usual, I'm toootally dreading the progress...

I wanna die...

No comments: