Friday, October 14, 2011

UK..

Okay, I conclude, Backpacking really ain't my style. Carrying a shitload on my back and constantly moving from hostels to hostels really just don't cut it for me. I'm still having a massive backache from the weight and the really uncomfortable beddings (I think age did contribute as well). Oh, did I mention that there was no TV! Thank god I had my faithful old kindle and iPod to keep me sane during the early nights. Oh well, I guess that's it. My future trips, either go luxury (okay, not extravagant, just reasonable.) or not go at all. Period.

That being said, it was a pretty good trip. My travel buddies were really nice and accommodating and UK is beautiful beyond words. I fell deep in love with Bath (and almost refused to come back had it not that Zim threatened to throw Sam away if I don't return) and was equally blown away by Edinburgh (which I would almost certainly return to).

It's funny to say this, but since I'm doing nothing most of the time in NYC, going on vacation is actually more exhausting than ever. All I could think of on the trip was to return to NYC, back to the comforts of my bed and couch and to indulge in my ever favourite pastime of watching trashy reality TV and just surfing the web. (Yeah, yeah, I'm pathetic.) Going on this holiday, while scenic and breathtaking, took away the simple joys of my life - TV, internet (this I could probably live without if I had TV, oh, and CABLE) and bringing Sam for walks. There was even one point of time that I was contemplating cutting the vacation short to come home (okay, yes, I'm that spoilt.) but thankfully stopped short of doing that.

On another positive note, this was probably the one trip that I spent the least as I was constantly worried about fitting everything into the backpack. Thus, after ALOT of self-editing, I came back with pretty much what I went with. Yes, I was wayyyy under budget and have a hell lot of pounds left. Damn. Hopefully, it's not going to fall too low. *Fingers crossed*

Yet, the biggest smile and joy I have had for the past two weeks was when I finally arrived back to NYC and held the little monster in my arms again. That was, without a doubt, the best moment.

No comments: