Saturday, October 15, 2011

NYC Comic Convention 2011!

We were at NYC Comic Convention 2011 and had tons of fun!!
We bought the one day pass (which was USD50 a pax) and went with a whole group of friends. Well, Mr Lim was once again given the task of the photographer and I guess he didn't do too badly this time. (Still got ugly shots but I'll let it pass..)

As usual, it was a place for me to have a shopping spree! I started off with buying a Tokidoki skateboard which cost as much as my ticket! Hee, Zim and I agreed that the skateboard would add a cute/quirky touch to our home decor (in Senja). Lucky us, the artist, Simone Legno was there to personalize the skateboard! And, he's kinda cute! Hopefully, his autograph would increase the re-sale value of the skateboard, but for now, it's ours to keep!
Close up of the skateboard and the personalized drawing. And yap, it's a branch of tokidokis eating sushi! Cute, isn't it?
I went on to buy another quirky drawing of Christina Strain (signed too!). Happy~
It's a really funny drawing of a lion (holding cup of hot chocolate with mashmallows), raccoon and shark (with ear masks) riding a unicorn!
Of course, how could I ever forget my Zombie love.. I bought a "I Love Zombies" shopping bag (for a whooping USD12) and I grabbed two "The Walking Dead" posters
Mr Lim didn't leave empty handed either. He bought a couple of boardgames and a series of 3 batman posters (that will go up our walls in Senja too!).

There were tons of cosplayers as well (most commonly were games, marvel, star wars and star trek characters). My favourite was a service dog that was dressed up as Captain American. What a darling!
Anyway, the best part of the day was being able to take photos with our favourite characters!

Mr Lim and "Kick-Ass".
And of course, me and my favourite - ZOMBIES!
Till next year!

No comments: