Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Dog Food..

Having some rare foresight, I've started planning in advance for Sam's life in Singapore, starting from his food. Knowing that the silly man has a really picky taste and equally picky tummy (his digestive system is just pure lousy.), it took me quite a while to configurate his diet. However, after the recent trip back home, I was quite disappointed to find out that 3 out of 4 items in his diet is unavailable in the pet stores in Singapore. (WTF) Thus, I'm now embarking on a journey to find the right food for Sam and transit him into his new diet before we head back in 1.5 years.

What really shocked me is how INSANELY expensive dog food is in Singapore, and to think I thought NYC was bad. A particular dog food, Taste of the wild, cost about USD50 on amazon.com and cost SGD160 in a pet store in singapore! You gotta be kidding me.. It's almost 3 times the price... The alternative, Orijen, cost USD20 on amazon and SGD50 in Singapore.. Seriously? I'm not known to be a thrifty person, but the price difference is really quite substantial that I might actually purchase tons of his food and ship it back together with our cargo to save some money (a rather significant amount I would say..).

Alternatively, maybe Sam should really start basking to earn his own keep...

No comments: