Tuesday, August 30, 2011

NYC in SG...

On our recent trip back, we caught up with some of our New Yorker friends who had since returned to Singapore for good. It really did feel like the good old days. When I first arrived in NYC and started making pretty good friends, I was always wondering why they would want to leave the ever-so wonderful Big Apple to return to the maybe-not-so interesting little red dot. One of the recurring reasons given was the high 'turnover' rate in friends here. (I was like "WTF") But, now, after experiencing a couple of turnovers, I guess I truly understand what they mean. It's really hard to make good friends (whom are almost like family) only to lose them when they move back home.

Anyway, Mr Lim and I were just plain happy to be able to catch up with the new yorkers that we were closer with!
Besides great company, we of course did not forget to indulge in the yummilious hawker food at one of my favourite hangouts - Chomp Chomp!
And I really really miss my favourite sugar cane + lemon! (Ahhhhh...) Stupid me drank too much sugar cane that I had to rush home like crazy just to use the bathroom!
Darn it..Writing this post makes me miss authentic Singaporean food like crazy... -_- Well, till Jan I guess...

No comments: