Saturday, August 27, 2011

Irene..

Irene's visiting tomorrow.. and now, nyc is nothing but a ghost town.. Pretty eerie and it does feel like a scene taken out of I am Legend even though it is still the calm before the storm!

Even the usual westside highway is so deserted! Just a couple of cabs driving by every now and then...
Being in Midtown Manhattan, we are under zone B, thus are not affected by the mandatory evacuation issued. That is as long as irene remains as a category 1 storm. Once she escalates to category 2 (which is highly unlikely), we would have to get our butts out of here. Well, thankfully, the shelters are pet friendly, so at least Sam would have a safe shelter over his head should that happen. I guess we are in a pretty good shape as of now. We are pretty well stocked up and have sufficient food (and alot of yummy snacks) to tide over the storm. And yes, I am well stocked up on pinkberry and diet coke... My comfort food~ And of course, not forgetting some booze and alcohol to keep us sane should our windows break!

Honestly, I do think everyone is over reacting. It's probably going to be nothing more than a huge thunderstorm that might lead to some flooding (which would almost not affect us since we are on the 32nd floor.) But till it arrives, we won't really know.

Fingers are crossed for now.. till tomorrow!

No comments: