Curiosity killed the cat and killed my courage. Out of curiosity, I had been watching numerous horror movies and documentaries over the past month. As a result, there were several occasions when I woke up due to nightmares (yap, mostly those surrounding the supernatural). Even when I'm wide awake, I would scare myself with silly thoughts of scenes I saw on tv. (The number one culprit was a particular scene in 见鬼2 where a perverted old man ghost was staring at the lead actress in the public restroom. Shrugs). Thus, when Mr Lim had to leave for a short trip again, I was really upset (okay, mostly scared) and didn't dare to sleep till the sun started to rise. (Yes, for once, Sam didn't help much. In fact, I was sub-consciously worried that he might stare at nothing and bark again.) I was pretty much dreading the next time Mr Lim had to leave for a work trip that I couldn't tag along (those that include any sorts of plane rides).
Yap, that was sunday. Well, honestly, things weren't as bad as I thought. For once, I am actually really appreciative of the noisy streets of NYC, the ridiculously loud sirens and the constant traffic (yap, even in the wee hours of the morning). At least I wasn't alone! Little Sam was pretty cooperative as well and didn't do any of his sudden outbarks at nothing. (Phew~) All in all, seemed like I've pretty much gotten rid of the cowardly me for now. (Until I succumbed to my curiosity and start watching any scary shit again, well, and knowing me, that would be pretty soon..) But seriously, I really do take my hat off those who stay alone! I could never do in the long run!
Anyway, the good news is.. Mr Lim is coming home today! Time for a real good night of sleep.
zzzzzzzzz
No comments:
Post a Comment