Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My new toy!

Okay, it's not really that new. Mr Lim bought me a Silhouette SD during the black friday thanksgiving sale last year. After procrastinating for, erm, 5 months, I finally opened the package and put it to test. And you know what, I'm loving it!

It was a little confusing to use initially, but after a short while (and some youtube tutorial), I eventually figured out what to do.

So, I chose the font type and paper size, type in the words I wanted.

The setup of the machine was really easy and there was no compatibility issues at all! The installation was a breeze as well. (Unlike my stupid Canon Selphy.) Thanks to the youtube tutorial, I knew how to insert the paper correctly.

The end product was amazing and the cutting happened within minutes. It's so much better than the QuicKutz Squeeze that I previously used. Definitely a time and effort saver.

On a side note, the silhouette SD machine produced a really funny noise that woke the little boy. He was pretty fascinated by what he heard and could not stop staring at it.
Here's the end product! Isn't it awesome! (And yap, no surprises, it's for Sammy, yet again)

Anyway, this is really quite exciting and tons of fun! I really can't wait to put it into more use!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

MAn that is awesome la!!! can print custom designs?? Or got fixed template?? I should buy one