Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Packing...

Scary, it's just 25 days before the big move and I haven't exactly done anything. (In terms of packing!) The boxes from the relocation company just arrived (Well, they freaking woke me up at 8.30am! And i'm somewhat impressed that the doorbell could actually wake me up!) and so I guess I'm out of excuses for not packing. Time to really begin.

On a side note, Zim shared some news yesterday. For the good news --> Apparently, the relocation company does provide services in packing! Phew~ What a relief! That's gonna help a great deal, especially for the heavy weight items like our PC and printer and items in the kitchen! And, the not so good news, well, it's going to take 6-8 weeks for the shipment to arrive (WTH!) in NYC. Darn, time to spend some time thinking about what we should ship and what we should carry. Sigh.

I'll be off to Taiwan/Hong Kong this sunday for 10 days. Though the timing for the trip isn't exactly very good, I'm going ahead since Mom's pretty insistent that we do a family trip before I fly. (Ironically, dad and Zim ain't coming. So it's just bro me and mum. duh~) Oh well, I shall not complain since it's gonna be fully sponsored (Thanks daddy and Zim!) and I would be able to stock up on some winter items when I'm there.

Meanwhile, I shall spend the next three days packing in the light weight items.

Sigh~ Who says packing is fun. (I am trying hard not to imagine the unpacking process...)

No comments: