Thursday, January 7, 2010

KeY's Collections.

One thing I like about packing is that I get to run through the items that i've collected over the years. Well, I've since learnt to throw away meaningless crap and thus, those that have survived, are actually things that I purposefully kept.

1. My Shot Glass Collection:
I started this collection in Aug 2006. I initially bought a shot glass for a friend as a souvenir but ended up liking the shot glass a tad bit that I chose to keep it for myself eventually (oops~). It was like a 'eureka' moment when I realised that I could leave a trace of my travels by keeping a shot glass from the places I visited. (Best of all, it's a relatively cheap hobby since shot glasses are really affordable!)
Hee, I'm so excited that the collection is GROWING!!!

2. My Pins Collection:
I was hooked onto this when I was in Orlando in 2006. Apparently, each disneyland has pins that are distinct to them. Thus, I made the commitment that I will collect the pins from ALL the disney parks in the world. I'm quite blessed to have visited 4 out of the 5 disney parks in the world. (I've been to Disneyland LA, Disney World, Disneyland Paris, Disneyland Hong Kong. I'm just short of Disneyland Tokyo! LOL) Pity I didn't get any pins while I was in LA. (Well, considering I was only 11 years old, I didn't even realise that the pins existed!) Unfortunately, this isn't exactly a cheap hobby. Each pin costs approximately USD9! (ouch~) The pins culture in disneyland is really cool! You could go around swopping pins with the staff or other patrons of the parks! Well, I actually randomly bought a pin just to swop for one of the Stitch pins!!! The hobby eventually spilled over to theme parks that I've been too!!!

I'm having an internal struggle as to whether I should ship them with me to USA. Well, guess I won't. At least I can to check them out here once in a while! LOL...

No comments: