Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Quarter-Life Crisis...

Such blog entry comes once a year, always when I hit a plateau somewhere in my life. In case you are wondering, nope, I'm doing great relationship-wise. I mean, I'm happily married, own my own little sty, blissful and best of all, childless. What's more can I ask for in this aspect.

So, of course there's always a reason why this blog comes. (Partly, because SCV finally cancelled all my free channels, so yes, I'm bored.) I recall an entry I did previously where I listed 5 short term goals I want to achieve. It has been almost 2 years and geesh, I only achieved one (the easiest of course). Good or bad? I'm not sure. But one thing I am sure, is I still do not know what I want in life.

Guess what really triggered this blog is envy. Recently, I had the privilege to speak to two really passionate friends. While we are of the same age, they are really different from me - they are working towards a direction, a passion in life. The ironic thing was, both of them are working towards getting a diploma/degree in social work. In contrast, here I stand, a social work major graduate, still confused.

I'm envious.

I'm also starting to panic, wondering why others are able to find their directions in life yet I am still aimless. It feels like I'm living day to day, just counting down to fridays (bball day!) and weekends (a break from work), stuck in a job that does not satisfy me and via versa and it's a total drag and rather depressing too.

I'm just not satisfied. While it's easy to grumble and complain, it takes a lot to move on, and I just don't have the strength and courage. Sadly, I'm stuck in the life of an ordinary person - a person that is bounded by responsibilities, paychecks and expectations from others. Plus, I don't even know what I want, how to move? Or rather, where to move to.

Guess I just don't have that luxury.

Hope you're better off than me. =/

No comments: