Thursday, February 12, 2009

Extraction..

Under the persuasion of the handsome dentist, I decided to extract my (RHS) wisdom teeth (up and down) before they gave me any problems. Pain aside, it's also a way for me to get a break from work. I got MC for one day!

After this extraction, I really admire dentists. I can't imagine performing any of the cleaning of teeth/extraction with the patient staring right at me. It's weird to close my eyes while the dentist is performing his task, so all I could do is stare back. Not to mention that a person can only open his mouth to a certain extent, so the space constraint is definitely another challenge. Well, that aside, I was quite amused watching him "wank" out my tooth one after the other. Best of all, he kinda scared me when he asked me to raise my hand should the pain be unbearable. =/ Turned out that there was no pain at all. (At least not during the extraction!) Now that the anesthetic and painkillers have worn off, the pain is quite annoying. =( Haven't had a decent meal since the extraction.

Sigh, the handsome dentist went on to highlight another problem that I'm having. He suspected that I have been grinding my teeth in my sleep. Hm, guess this explains why there was a point of time when my teeth kept chipping. Hm, scary, maybe I should considering wearing a night guard to preserve my teeth.... Sigh, which also means more cost and more discomfort. Shit.

Anyway, the dentist gave me back my teeth as souvenirs. Erm... duh.. looks too gross for me to put it under my pillow. No way man~

No comments: