I read an entry on Pretty Fluffy featuring a pop up store at Banana Republic sometime in March this year. I really liked the items they sold and set my eyes on the tote below.
(source: pretty fluffy)
I went by a Banana Republic store in NYC the very next day, naively thinking that the pop-up store might be in all branches. I was pretty disappointed to learn that the pop-up store is only in Banana Republic's flagship store at Grant Avenue, San Francisco. Nevermind.. there's always online shopping. After visiting Blueblood's website, I was further disappointed that while the tote bag cost USD19, the handling and shipping would cost me an additional USD15. I do like the bag (a lot), but paying that extra amount just didn't make any sense. Hence, the idea of owning it was shelved and the purchase was not made.
Until... I flew to San Jose over the past weekend to attend my cousin's wedding. As we had a couple of free days, we decided to make a day trip to... SAN FRANCISCO!!
And of course, while we were there, I insisted on a stop - the Banana Republic store at Grant Avenue!
It has been a while since I first read about it, and since most pop-up stores ain't permanent, I wasn't confident that the store will still be there. (My heart was beating pretty fast when I first stepped in..) Then I saw...
SFMADE POP-UP STORE!
It's actually pretty cool as they showcase items that are made in SF. Their mission is to build and support a community of growing small companies making local products. There are soap bars, candles, tea leaves, greeting cards and a whole selection of really nice gift ideas.
But, I only have my heart set at one item...
And yes, my very own Blueblood's exclusive tote!!!
Love love LOVE!
Before I got the mister to foot the bill, he was forced to pose with my new bag.
The feeling of finally purchasing something that you have been eyeing on - priceless~
I'm a happy girl today~~





3 comments:
That tote bag really looks good on ya. Good buy!
did you got any goodies from the yard sale? haha
Yes!! I bought some stuff! Will upload the photos soon!
Post a Comment