Time for the big reveal.. Our change of plans brought us to.... ONE OF MY FAVORITE STORES EVER - Vintage Junky!
What exactly happened was this.. while planning for the trip, I already requested that I would to like to add the store as one of our pit stops. However, after doing the math, we decided that the detour was a little too big and thus I disappointedly gave up the thought. (Mr Lim made it a little better by promising that we would do that road trip another time.)
SO... when the longest yard sale turned out to be such a disappointment and Mr Lim was feeling all bad and stuff, I suggested making the pit stop again. Of course he said yes! Though that meant an additional 6 hours drive each way (and making new hotel reservations), I was super duper excited. (Hee, I even called to make sure the store was gonna be opened!) I've been following the blog for the longest time (often drooling over the delicious furniture she has) and it's just such an amazing feeling to know that I would finally get to shop there!!!
Sam's getting a little restless after asking "Are we there yet?" for a consecutive 5 hours..

And when we finally arrived, someone was as happy as I was!
I was seriously grinning ear to ear when I saw the sign.
And yes, it was OPEN!!
The actual store!
The little trailer outside the store was really cute. The retro vibe aside, the decor was yellow!!

Yeah, I could totally live here...
I didn't take many shots in the store (too engrossed shopping~), but check out the blog and you would see all the amazing furniture she sells. (I would buy the whole store if I could...) The owner, Michelle, was really sweet and friendly. Her little guy's really cute and funny too. I was such a groupie when I finally met Michelle in person. I sure hoped that I didn't scare her with my over enthusiasm. I just felt so at home and totally glad we made the drive in the end. It was so worth every single minute!! (even the backache I got from the whole road trip.)
Of course that was absolutely no way I would go back empty handed. Here are my steals~
A vintage display unit
A repurposed vintage window
(I'm thinking of using it to put Sam's many polaroids!!)
My favorite buy of the day - an Odette Dresser with Mirror!
(source: Vintage Junky)
The drawers are actually laid with vintage music scores. LOVE LOVE LOVE the little touches that make the dresser even better.
Plus, I also love that even the receipt is vintage!
To make it easier to transport the dresser back, the mirror was detached. We decided to keep it this way for now so that it would be easier for us to ship it back home. Hee, I actually caught the silly little dog checking himself out.
For now, the dresser sits proudly in our living room! Hee, I cannot wait to bring it back to Singapore!! And of course, the dog approves~
All in all, I was really happy with how the road trip turned out. I'm equally thankful for a supportive and sporting Mr Lim for being so gung-ho (and Sam for not complaining. =P). While the longest yard sale sucked, everything else was perfect and I'm loving all the items we got on the trip, hence no regrets.
It sure was a crazy wild road trip.
Will I do it again? Absolutely yes~








3 comments:
Love the loots!!! Especially the vintage window!!
thanks so much for the sweet post!! Sam looks great on the dresser too... such a cutie!
Great fun! I love your dog!
Post a Comment