This project is EXTREMELY jinxed. I started it about two months ago but stopped midway after I messed up the zipper. (I actually completed it and then realised that I had mis-sewn the zipper. Ahhhh~) After undoing the seams, I called it a day and planned to resume the next day. Then the flooding occurred. *Faints* So after another two weeks, I was ready again. That was when I realised that my zipper has gone missing! ahhhhh~ I'm sure it's still in the house somewhere, but probably misplaced when the workers moved our furniture around. After yet a few more weeks, I finally freed up a day to pop by the store to buy a replacement zipper. And of course, after yet more procrastination (probably a month or so), I finally embarked on the project.
Here are the materials for this project. I really liked the fabric I used for my tokyo bag. However, I was unable to find the exact same purple fabric (well, let's say that looking for fabric in Moods in a challenge) and thus had to settle for the green equivalent.
And the dog approves.
I was basically pulling my hair out doing this project. I can only blamed it on myself for wanting to do an invisible zip. I was totally asking for it. -_- FML. I should have payed more attention in sewing class. After 4 attempts and X hours later, I finally did it correctly. Here's the end product - A pillow case!
(notice that the lighting had changed? It was still daylight when I started the project and by the time I was done, it was almost midnight! Felt like slapping myself. T_T)
Anyway, here's the original pillow from Ikea that served as the stuffing.
The final product! I had to wake Sam up again to pose for me, hence explaining his sleepy blur face.
I decided to take some more photos in daylight. I'm actually really happy that Sam seemed to like it!
The silly boy was actually falling asleep when sitting up. Too cute~
Well, he eventually figured that resting his head was easier.
Despite the blood and sweat hardwork, I'm really pleased with the end product. While it looked like an effortless project, it sure was frustrating. Guess it goes to show that I'm no where near competent with my sewing projects. Time to put in more effort!
Meanwhile, let me procrastinate a little more just to recover from this project. Hee, what can I say, I AM A SLACKER.


No comments:
Post a Comment