Thursday, March 1, 2012

My Sewing Project #4

I completed yet another sewing project. (My first in a series of three projects with Make Workshop). When I was shopping for fabric, I just couldn't get any inspiration. It took a whooping 4 hours (and 2 shopping attempts) before I finally found a fabric that called out to me - the pattern one. Once I found it, identifying the purple fabric took less than 5 minutes! Guess inspiration is really important when doing something creative. 
After 2 hours, the product is completed...
Wondering what it is?

It's a cape!
Nope...

It's a bib!
No...

It's actually a Tokyo tie bag!



Well, it's not exactly my style of bag, but I'm really happy with the end product and especially with how the two different fabrics worked out. The style of the bag was really cutesy and girly, which is completely not my aesthetics. I was really struggling when I was looking for the right fabrics to make the look more me! And I think I succeeded! =D 

Anyway, I'm loving the combination so much that I'm planning to use the remainder of the fabrics to make a pillow case! (That's when my sewing machine arrives.. And yes, I finally bought one!)

Meanwhile, at least the dog is gonna put the bag into good use.
Time for a walk I reckon...

No comments: