When we did our bridal shoots donkey years ago, we didn't have Sam. Now that we have a new (okay, not that new) member in our family, I kept toying with the thought of doing a family portrait. Besides, I thought that it would be a great way to also capture our memories in the Big Apple. I was still obsessed with our wedding photographer, Terry from One Eye Click, but flying them over just didn't make any economic sense. Thus, after tons of research, I finally found a photographer that gave me the exact vibes I'm looking for. I can't really quite put that in words, but just looking at her precious works made me smile and I knew Melissa from Beimaged photography was the one for us. After a quick email exchange (she's like the friendliest and nicest person around!), we booked our photoshoot!
After some brainstorming, I we shortlisted a few venues - Central Park (duh.), Times Square and Soho. Reasons were simple: I wanted to go to Sam's favorite place on earth, an iconic place of NYC and the beautiful clobber stone of Soho.
The shoot was real simple. We chose our own outfits, did our own hairdos/ makeup, sent Sam for a groom and just went ahead and did it. It was really fun and causal and I love how easy Melissa is to work with.
And the best part of it, I'm obsessed with the outcome. It's just WAY gorgeous and even better than what I've envisioned. It was just perfection in my eyes. We are certainly not the best models around but this is my family and I love them to bits.
Anyway, here's part of the end product Melissa uploaded on her blog. Check out more here.
PS: Spot the little bow tie I made the boy?
I'm just waiting for the rest of photos to be sent to us and I have already shortlisted a few that are certainly going up on our walls.
We just need a little more wall space.











No comments:
Post a Comment