After such a long wait (no thanks to winter), Brooklyn Flea is back outdoors! YEAH! I dragged Mr Lim and the boy with me there last sunday. The only bad thing about brooklyn flea is that it's located at Brooklyn (duh) and train disruptions on weekends are such a pain, making it a little harder to get there. Being a direction-idiot, Mr Lim was given the responsibility of getting us there.
Mr Lim trying to study the subway map, with the help of the little monster.
The cheeky little dog. (I love this shot!)
Sam enjoying the subway ride - something he sure is gonna miss when we move home.
After about an hour (Mr Lim brought us to the wrong location on his first attempt! -_-), we finally arrived at Brooklyn flea at Williamsburg.
First of all, we had to satisfy our hungry stomachs,
and thirsty throats with bubble tea!
Happy me waiting in line for our food. Sam was eying the food elsewhere.
The flea was located right by the east river and had tons of space for us to sit and chill.
Here's our lunch - Beer battered fish and chips!!
Happy family! Check out Sam's ultra dirty paws!
Once we satisfied our stomachs, off we went! It was shopping time! Well, it was more of window shopping. I was obsessed with the antique furniture but since there was no way we could carry it home, I couldn't buy any. sigh~
I really liked these mirrors, but I've a superstitious belief about mirrors, so no second hand mirrors for me. (Yes, I'm that pan-tang.) But no harm having some fun shots with it!
The weather was gorgeous, but Sam didn't quite agree. (Well, I did mention that he is afraid of the sun.) He found a good spot and refused to move after that.
So as usual, he got a free ride, thanks to daddy!
Sam - 1
Mummy/Daddy - 0
After a couple of hours of window shopping, we hopped on a ferry that brought us right back to manhattan and we were able to walk home. It was wayyy faster than the way we came. Lesson learnt.
Of course, being me, I didn't go home empty handed! I bought this amazing vintage wall piece that holds little jars. This is sooo going onto the walls in Senja.
I also got a brooklyn-made candle since I'm almost done with that I got from yankee candle.
Hee, all in all, it was a great way to spend a lovely sunday. I absolutely adore flea markets and can't wait for the next weekend!








1 comment:
i love flea market! i wish we have such flea markets here too!! nice!
Post a Comment