Thursday, March 5, 2009

Belated Vday Post...

While Zim and myself don't have the habit of celebrating Vday (let's say we have decided not to succumb to the commercialization of Valentine's day after an awful experience in our first year together), we still kept the gift exchange aspect alive. Pardon my lack of creativity, and due to lack of time, I simply popped by City Chain during lunch one day and bought Zim his very first titus watch.
Price aside, Zim seems to like it. At least he's wearing it often enough.. ^_^

As for his present to me, well, it wasn't exactly a surprise since I explicitly asked for it and he ordered it in front of me.
It's my very own Hana Yori Dango DVD! Looking at the disc really brings back many fond memories of my secondary school days. I remember sitting in front of the TV at 6.30pm sharp every week day when I was in Secondary 4 just to watch the anime on channel 56. I remember tossing the pillow at the TV each time the episode ends. I remember how I got so addicted to it that there was NOTHING that could keep me away from TV then.

On top of that, my brother was really sweet when he actually bought me the full comic set (it was till book 20 then) for my next birthday. And I remember how I painstakingly followed the comic series for the next 6 years, how happy I was when a new book arrived and how agonizing it was waiting for the next to come. I remember how I cried and how my heart aches when I read certain parts of the story. Lastly, I also remember how empty it felt when the comic series ended too. Guess it's quite evident since I was never quite able to find another comic series that I'm that addicted to. Pity all the drama series really didn't do the comic any justice. It's a MUST to read the comics if you are a fan of the TV series. It's the BEST!

The thing is... this 3 DVDs are only 3 out of 10! Hee, can't wait till I have the full collection in my hands!

No comments: