Been watching LA Ink every night for the past few nights.. Found it quite addictive and interesting actually..Just a little background...
LA Ink is a reality show that shows the events of a tattoo studio in LA called "High Voltage tattoo". It's actually a spin-off from the original series, "Miami Ink". While I haven't caught much episodes of Miami Ink, I prefer LA Ink as most of the tattoo artists are female, pretty cool huh? The shop is owned by Kat Von (above) and managed by artists Corey Miller, Hannah Aitchison, Kim Saigh, and Kat's best friend Pixie. What i liked about the show is that it gives me a different insight as to why people want tattoos. While many foolish teenages in Singapore go for it for really silly reasons, customers in the show get tattoos because of personal reasons that can be quite touching at times. There were a couple of customers who tattooed the portrait of deceased next-of-kin as a way of remembering them. (One was a Dad who tattooed the picture of his 3 year old daughter who passed away.. =( ). Sad, but sweet...
Makes me wonder... if ah ping or ah pong disappears one fine day, maybe i can get their pictures tattooed somewhere to remember them forever.... (well, Zim gave me a disgusted look when i mentioned this.. guess I can pretty much gauge the amount of support I am going to get from him.. =P)..
Just a penny of my thought lah....
No comments:
Post a Comment