Friday, July 6, 2007

Back from Australia

Just got back from my last trip of the year.... Australia.. Great trip - full of fun activities and great company... (details will be out later, if ever).. Now I totally agree with the statement that people tend to take things for granted... While I was there, I was complaining nonstop about the cold and greatly missing the sunny island... Now that I'm back... it sux.. the heat is absolutely killing me and I'm melting just sitting in my living room... and It definitely doesn't help when you're stuck at home with awful cramps... Now I'm missing the cool, cold weather....

What a way to spend my last week of unemployment - suffering in pain and heat... damn

Anyway, thanks to zim, who greatly subsidized my trip.. I was able to come back with money still in my pocket (this is something new!) and with lotsa good bargains! Of course, with extra weight too (what's new)... Expectedly, food in Aus was expensive! Each meal cost on average AUD$!0 even when its just a simple big breakfast... really really missed hawker food that seemed to cost next to nothing when I'm over there! Well, despite the cost, I still went on a Beef and wine spree in Aus. It must be the years of deprivation - not eating beef till a couple of years ago and not having the luxury of drinking wine - that caused the sudden addiction. Medium Rare beef as my main course with Red/white wine accompaning it became my favourite! (bad one too).. Sigh... oh well, now that I'm back.. guess it's back to rice and water... =(

One interesting/disgusting fact about australia is that Mineral water actually costs more than brooze... Amazing isn't it... AUD$2.50 for a normal 500ml bottle of water... what a killer... No wonder they love to drink...

So, now that I'm finally back, it's time for me to settle down and get myself into the working mood....and it's time to hit the gym again... gosh... i really miss cali~

No comments: