Friday, July 6, 2007

Bad SQ experience

"Singapore Airlines is an exceptional way to fly. Our world-class service and state-of-the-art aircraft have contributed to our success. Experience a whole new way to fly in comfort and leisure with First Class, Business Class, and Economy Class."

I was a believer. I always believed that even though SQ flights cost 1.5times more than other airlines at times, it's always worth the money... flying with security, good service, food and excellent in-flight entertainment. This was until SQ220 - my return flight from Sydney, when I realized that SQ is not perfect and that SQ does screw up too...

Started off pretty fine... I was really excited glancing through the inflight entertainment list as I was able to quickly identify enough movies/shows to accompany me through the torturous 7.5hours flight. Things started to go downhill after that...

Shortly after take-off, we discovered that the Krisworld system (inflight entertainment) was down... Over the journey of 7.5hours, my set hung probably 10times.. and they had to reboot the system up to 5 times, yet the efforts were furtile. Demand tV was down throughout the flight (so much for my initial excitment), I cldn't even play a game properly (without it hanging dozen of times) and all I could watch was video (extremely limited selection too) that ran on its own time (i can't even pee in the middle of the show without missing anything). As a result, I could only watch 1.5 movies, (oh, did i mention that my audio set was faulty and I could only hear from one side of the speaker, win liaoz la) and spent the remaining of the time, staring at the blank screen, trying hard to sleep and reading newspaper.

This is dumb. We chose to pay for quality and when quality was compromised, SQ did not even bother apologizing, let alone compensate... So much for world class service man....

I have heard complaints about SQ's poor service from others previously and used to disagree. But after this experience, my impression changed. The stewardess serving us was rude, gave a black face and even served cold towels. I understand that they could be frustrated by the constant complaints about the system that was down, but that doesn't give them an excuse to be nasty to us. We were as frustrated (or even more, after paying so much) as they were and hm... shouldn't they be trained well enough to handle the situation well?

Apparently not.

Several other factors added on to the lousy experience (to which I would not quite attribute it to SQ's service)

1. (I admit this is not SQ's fault, just pure bad luck for me) Two elderly that sat behind me had to use my chair to support themselves when they stand up.. So each time when I'm just about to fall asleep (after much difficulties), I would feel a HUGE tug on my chair that instantly woke me up. F.

2. The two elderly don't quite seem to understand english and seems a bit deaf... When the stewardess spoke to them, she spoke SOOOOOOOOOO loudly, I was actually woken up from my sleep... Win liaoz la...

3. Some stooopid baby kept crying and screaming throughout the flight...

Damn it....

It's definitely my WORST SQ experience..It definitely does affect my confidence in SQ's flight experience....

I'm soooo persuading Zim to submit a complaint letter....

3 comments:

Zim said...

Heh.. complained already...

JimBean said...

Wow...hmm...okay...sounds pretty bad...but technical faults do happen some times...There's no perfection in this world right? So don't let a single poor experience affect your confidence of SQ yeah? =)

And yeah, feedback is always good for the company cause only then can everyone move forward for the better hehe.. =)

cheers!
JimBean

KeY said...

LOL.. ay-ay Captain.. To support you, me n Zim will work towards being frequent fliers! Hopefully one day will be in your plane! LOL...